Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sephora Does Your Birthday Right

This was not the post on the adgenda today. 

Whoops. I'm a day behind but, that's Ok. 

This is worth the mention.

Every year Sephora does a birthday gift for its' Beauty Insiders that they give out all year long.

Since this is my first year as a VIB Rouge I got the big daddy of Birthday treats (I'm a January baby.) and I have to say; this year they partnered with NARS and really, really knocked it out of the park. 

The gift contains two classic NARS favorites and one formulation that is new to me.

The Larger Than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto is a beautiful, creamy and, dark retractable pencil liner that wears so impressively. I've had this formula in many other colors before and from what I've tried so far the black seems even better. I have especially liked this for tightlining.

In addition to the liner we have the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Cruella. The NARS Matte Velvet Pencils made their way into my Top 14 Products of 2014 so it's no surprise I'm excited to have another color on my rotation. Cruella is a deep, blue based matte red that is a nice counterpart to the shade Red Square that is already on my lips at least once a week. 

To round out the trio of goodies is the Satin Lip Pencil in the shade Rikugien. I haven't tested this one yet but the color is a truly stunning and easy to wear subtle rose pink.  I am a little concerned that this is going to give birth to a whole new lip product love affair for 2015. 

Talk about a Happy Birthday from Sephora!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.