Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Brows on a Budget

So it is a universally acknowledged fact that when it comes to brows Anastasia Beverly Hills has written the book for years. Her products are very often front runners when it comes to creating the perfect arch. 

After years of ruling the roost though many brands have thrown their hat into the ring and my newest brow addition is from Soap and Glory. 

Let's just cross our fingers that they bring the whole range to Ulta at some point down the line. 


Brow Wiz is one of those products that's been celebrated since it's inception and while Maybelline has had a very similar product on the market for years their color selection left quite a bit to be desired for me. Enter Soap and Glory's Archery Brow Pencil in Hot Chocolate. 

I've been using Meduim Brown (formerly Medium Ash) from Anastasia for about six months now and when I was trolling Boots for the items on my wishlist I nabbed this as a bonus item because I knew I was nearing the end of my Brow Wiz. This, as it happens, was a great move. Barring a few small differences they are the same product. 

They both have a fine tip, a cool toned color and a small spoolie opposite the pencil. My only pet peeve is that the two caps for the product and the spoolie are different sizes and I keep smashing the top of the product with the too short spoolie cap. Lame. 

The Soap and Glory is slightly softer and deposits a bit more color on the skin than the Anastasia but not so much that the brow looks overdone. It lasts just as long and offers just as much precision as the Anastasia. 

The biggerst drawback to the Soap and Glory is the lack of color selection. Only two shades in the lineup means that many people won't find a color that works as well and may have to opt for a pricier product to get a color that works. If you, however, find one of the two Soap and Glory range works for you (and you live where it's sold) I highly recommend you check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.