Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

The Repurchase|Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

I have been repurchasing quite a bit lately. 
It's a good thing. It's been a long time, I feel, since I've had a stash of good products that I could rely on without over thinking it. 
This Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm really rocked my nighttime routine when I first used it about 8 or 9 months ago. 


It is a very basic translucent white paste type-substance that transforms into a slippery oil-like substance on contact with the heat of your fingers. 

Like most cleansing balms I find the most effective way of using this is massaging it over a completely dry and made up face letting the slip factor break down any makeup left after a full day of wear. I am consistently astounded by how good a job this does at just eating up any kind of cosmetic product, waterproof or otherwise.

To remove I soak a washcloth in hot but not scalding water and dissolve the cleanser and makeup off my skin. The balm emulsifies on contact with water taking all of the makeup with it.

I find that this process done once is incredibly effective at getting rid of all my remaining product from the day. I will often repeat this process or cleanse for a second time with a different kind of cleanser just to be sure that in addition to removing my makeup that I have also cleansed my skin of any remaining daily nasties. From there I go about my routine as usual. 

Now this is not the fanciest most luxurious product on the market, especially when it comes to cleansing balms but, the beauty in this is that is simply works...and it works well. 

While I love a good skincare treat I think some of the best beauty products are the "workhorse" items. Things that you can afford to buy over and over again that just get the job done. If you were having a hard time with cleansing balms or makeup removing cleansers I would highly recommend giving this one a try. 

$28.50 well spend every time. 

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to invest in this. I love my clinique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling you it's good! It lasts nearly a year and is reasonable as far as most "high end" cleansers go. You're skin will thank you1

      Delete
  2. it's amazing. She converted me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for real though? How happy was your face?

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.