Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Makeup Bag Extras

Sometimes the things that make us feel the prettiest are not the best looking things in and of themselves.
Today (well yesterday, I'm behind this week.) I want to talk about all the not so pretty things in my makeup bag that make me feel extra good some days. 


First up is something I think of as a genuine necessity. Blister Band-Aids or as Band Aid likes to refer to them....ampoules. They are basically soft gelly-like pads with a strong adhesive to shelter any tender skin ripped open by ill advised foot wear.

I have an on going battle with my foot wear and as a New Yorker who enjoys doing quite a bit of walking it's easy to wind up cut up even in what most people would consider sensible foot wear. I always like to have a few of these kicking around just in case. There's been more than one occasion where I've needed to reach for them mid city adventure to avoid permanent damage. ...And if you're thinking you could just grab a regular band aid and have it do the same thing you are sadly mistaken. In my experience you'll have to replace the band aid half a dozen times before you'd have to swap the blister special variety even once. 

The newest addition to the "why the fuck is that in your bag" lineup is a borderline ludicrous addition to beauty routine. Very often featured on beauty blogs and in beauty supply stores as makeup artist must haves the Rohto Cool eye drops are lubricating, anti redness and slightly mentholated eye drops that create an instant look of awake-ness when used. I love this first thing in the morning. 

The "tingle" (which if you are sensitive could be called a "burning sensation") instantly wakes me up and makes me look lively. I've found including this step, especially on "no makeup" makeup days I have to do a whole lot less to make my eye area bright. 

Now both of these things a kind of superfluous and unnecessary but have proven to be very useful for me in the past. The Band-aids are definitely something to consider especially if you live somewhere where you do a lot of walking or if you're going on a trip somewhere. The eye drops on the other hand are definitely more of a curiosity but fun to try just the same. 

So apart for the four millionth lip balm and the stray pen or two what do you have rolling around in your bag that is surprisingly useful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.