Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I Miss Making

 You may have noticed a bit of radio silence over here on my corner of the internet. 
I took a week off to enjoy a family wedding and give myself a bit of a break and then that week turned into something of a creative crisis.

I am someone who has been making things for many years. From studying fashion design to some ill advised Mod Podge I've run the DIY gamut.

Now I am very fortunate to be in a position to live in a place I love, that inspires me, motivates me and, gives me access to all the resources necessary to turn that motivation and inspiration into something tangible.

The only problem is I wasn't doing that.


It's really easy to get side tracked by happy hours and "that new lipstick" or "I'm too tired" and the motivation to create dwindles. I very often found my excuse was "I don't know what I want to make"and as such it became easier and easier to just not do it. 

After a while it starts to get frustrating. The creative energy is a lot like bottled up emotions and when I wasn't doing something to release the pressure I started to bubble over a little. 

I think for a long time the blog was really helpful with this...and it's not going anywhere...but, it is going to see some changes. 
I LOVE me a good beauty product and I can more or less guarantee that there will still be a lot of that floating around these parts but I am going to try an integrate things like projects and simple DIY's you can do to add a little extra something to your wardrobe or your home in addition to the odd cat-eye flick. 

With this I think I might restructure the post-schedule, scale back I'm not exactly sure yet but I do know that there are two projects on the horizon that you'll get to see here. The first of which is the pillow you can see in that first picture. 

So cheers to some healthy space from the internet and to making time to make things again *cheers*

I hope this little pep talk has been a reminder to all of you out there who like hands on work that even if you only have a few minutes in your day, making time to make is important. 

So tell me...have you made anything cool lately?
What do you do to stay motivated?

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! I spend the better part of today taking pictures, something I haven't done in a loooong time and it felt great! I little piece of me feels alive again :)... Love you, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks babe :) I'm so glad you've found a little something to get excited about. It's always nice.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering where you were. Welcome back. Looking forward to your future blogs! :) Have a Great And Creative Day!!

    your cousin-Karen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.