Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Good Smells| White Sandalwood


I made a point of not asking for beauty gifts for the holidays this past year. 

I don't know if it means I'm growing up but, the way I see it, I'm a big girl who can more or less buy the makeup she wants whilst still caring for herself and her expenses. So this year my list had things like a cast iron skillet, down comforter and a plant that I can't kill on it. 

While the family came through on the list front I am so glad I had one friend who saw fit to ignore me. 


We were shopping together a few months back and she passed this roller ball around our little group of beauty obsessed babes and one by one we all fell in love at first sniff. 

Nest's White Sandalwood scent is the kind of like a younger version of all of those baby powder based scents lined up on your grandma's nightstand when you were a kid. 

Nest describes it as "White Indian Sandalwood blended with creamy almond, white musk and exotic spices." and I think this hits home. The spice factor isn't overwhelming, the sandalwood keeps the musk from smelling stuffy or boring and the almond adds a sweetness to help balance out the deep woody and earthy notes.

While this is not the most complex fragrance I've ever smelled I think that's one of the things that draws me to it most. It's simple and sweet but not cloying or candy-like. I think the absence of any sort of vanilla note helps to separate this a little bit from some of it's similar competitors. I also think the simplicity makes this a scent that would be great for layering if you are into that sort of thing.

I like a lot of the fragrances I've been working with the last few years and, as I get older, I've found it's more and more difficult for me to find scents that I get really excited about it so it's always nice when one comes along and weasels it's way into your routine.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you write and I soo need to experience this smell!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I highly recommend the Nest line. Not only is the personal fragrance great but there home fragrance is also really lovely!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.