Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

The One I Broke My "No Buy" For

 So I decided that to kick off the new year I would reign in my beauty spending until after I did my beauty inventory (coming later this month) and got rid of some of the clutter taking up space in my Muji storage
I can tell you now in terms of what's lacking (HA!) in my collection lip products DO NOT qualify. 

Then this past Wednesday my apartment flooded. This is not the first time it's happened but I had thought the issue was behind me. Sadly it is not and I still have some work to do with my landlord (who is handling things wonderfully might I add) to get it squared away. 

This past Wednesday was also the launch of Bite Beauty's new Lip Lab Limited Release Creme Deluxe series for 2015. 12 Limited run shades released the first Wednesday of every month all year long.

What can I say? I'd had a rough morning and I'm weak.




Shade 01 is the most beautiful blend of a brown red and a berry red in a formula that I have a hard time describing.  The Creme Deluxe mix from Bite has the best of both worlds between a long wearing matte and a cream finish.
It looks soft and hydrating on the lips and wears without bleeding for about four hours. This shade also leaves behind a nice burgundy stain which is always a win in my book because dramatic shade or not I tend to get a little lazy with my reapplication throughout the day. 

This new series from Bite is a pretty unique offering when it comes to all of the beauty I've seen. I can easily see this become a "gotta catch em' all" collection for a lot of people. I think for me it could be something I splurge on a few more times this year if the color is really exceptional but I don't think I will anxiously await the new shade every month.

If you want to see a teaser of the shade before the launch I would follow Bite on Instagram

So what do you think? Would you have cheated on your spending ban for this? Are you excited to see the upcoming shades?

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.