Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm Awake. I Promise.


Sometimes its hard to even pretend to be awake first thing in the morning. The urge to roll over and give yourself "five more minutes" is irresistible some (read:all) mornings. Not to mention the internet black hole that is beauty blogs and YouTube.
 
RIP Sleep.
 
Although as a result, I have become the master of hiding the sleepless evidence.
 

 
First at Bat: The Clinique Airbrush Concealer in 01 Fair.(Far Right) In all honesty I could probably shade up in this but, with winter barely behind us, the lightest works for now. It marries a medium coverage with a natural finish and impressive lasting power. It is a brightening product and has an immensely strong pink tone to it and isn't really suited for anything beyond highlighting.
 
The Tool for the Job: The Real Techniques Contour Brush (Center) from the Core Collection. It is slightly less dense than the buffing brush and just the right size to cover all of the space under the eye. It blends seamlessly and nearly instantly.
 
The Finishing Touch: The Origins Plantscription Healthy Concealer. (Far Left) This is a slightly cooler version my skin tone. It helps to seamlessly blend the Clinique into my foundation and provides just a little more luminous, corrective coverage. I have heard this formula resembles the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which is next on my to buy list!
 
Set with a finishing powder (lately the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light) and you're set for the day.
 
No one has to know you're chugging along on a 4 hour nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.