Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

THE SPRING CLEAN- Purging Your Polish Collection

So I am not always the most proactive creature when it comes to keeping my collections in check. So once every year I like to do a MASSIVE clear out of all my polishes to get rid of any (inevitable) duplicates and make sure I'm keeping the best my collection has to offer in terms of selection and formula.



                           

My ground rules for the project.

Swatch Everything. In my experience this is the only way to really know how your colors compare and what shades you really want to part with.

Be Hard On Yourself. Have basically the same color from four different brands? (In some cases the same brand. Whoops.) Pick one. In this case the best formula wins.

Allow Yourself Some Sentiment. I allowed 10 spaces in a small box to keep polishes that I just couldn't bear to part with. Whether I had bought them on my year abroad, traded a childhood friend for it, or been given in by may makeup muse grandmother there were a few bottles that just couldn't go.

Share The Love. Anything that doesn't make the cut should go to a nice loving home. Got roommates? Friends? A neighbor? A nearby women's shelter? Don't throw it away, pass on that good lacquer lovin' on to someone who will love it back.

Happy Sorting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.