Pages

Friday, August 07, 2015

It's Cheaper At Home

 I went all the way to London, trolled the Charlotte Tilbury counter at Selfidges and then came home and snapped up one of the newest shades of the Matte Revolution lipstick. 

What? It was cheaper at home.


It's a stunning vintage inspired matte orange red that is slightly desaturated. I was surprised by it on the lips because in the tube it appears to be quite neon but once applied its a bit more subdued which I think will make it more easily worn by more people. 

 I really love shades like this, not just this time of year but year round. I think an orange leaning red looks great against my more warm toned skin (albeit not so hot against my teeth) and this is a shade I tend to gravitate toward over and over again. While the color may not be unique to my collection the formula may be. 

I say may be because it's a matte lipstick and at this point I have 345678907654334567890 matte lipsticks and with so many on the market the formulas are always getting better and better. The Charlotte Tilbury applies smoothly and takes a few minutes to dry down completely. As a plus the squared off bullet makes for a very precise application.

Despite the creamy application I found the wear a little lackluster. It stays creamy for so much longer than any other matte formula that I find it has time to bleed. I don't know if I am entirely sold on the formula. It could have just been a side effect of the extreme heat or the way the formula played with my skin but I'll be test driving it a bit more before I write it off.

Despite the fact that this was very much an impulse purchase I really, really love the color I just hope the formula grows on me. I've been eyeing Glastonberry and it would be a shame to have to pass on it.

I'll keep you posted.
Promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.