Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Makeup Worth the Mess


If there is one product on the market that gets a bad rap for no real reason it's loose pigments. 
Now I get it. Using one in the morning can be more effort than you have time for but that doesn't mean you can't keep a few choice loose options stashed away for a rainy day.

They are especially nice on a night out but even for a nice weekend adventure these shades make for a lovely and in most cases stunning metallic finish on the eye.

A bonus with keeping loose items on hand is the immense versatility.

Even if you opt not to use them on they eyes you can always sprinkle some over wet nails, dab some in the center of your lip gloss, mix some into your lotion etc. 
The options are limitless and with three choice colors you can get a lot of mileage out of your messy makeup.


The newest member of the club is the MAC x Rocky Horror pigment in It's Not Easy Having a Good Time. Yes I know it was limited edition but plant this little number in the back of your mind because when MAC inevitably repromotes this ever present fall trend shade you are going to want to pick it up.
This is a very strong red copper shade and has a very high shine metallic sheen. I love this applied heavily to the lid, diffused lightly into the crease and under the eye with loads of mascara!

This kind of eye look is a go to for me on nights out and this shade has taken the place of all my other one and done smokey coppers since it landed on my door early this month. 

The favorite shade of the bunch is easily Obssesive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Color Concentrate in Score. This was actually an IMATS purchase many moons ago and has seen quite a fair bit of play since then. 
It is a glittery mid toned pink-nude shade that looks like your skin on steroids when applied. It almost mimics the look of a glossy lid which is a hard thing to pull off unless you can find a product that really nails it. 
This shade looks especially stunning when applied wet, which is another versatility bonus of these shades. 

Last in the lineup is a remnant from my last trip to the UK. (Nearly 4 years ago now but who's counting.) This is a Barry M Dazzle Dust in the shade #89. (This may be discontinued. Either the line is much smaller or they only stock this in stores!)
 So creative.
What it lacks in name it makes up for in depth of color. This is a really standout purple-taupe shade with a hint of a pink flash. It doesn't sound like something you would reach for in the daytime but, if you are a taupe lover you could definitely wear this to work and have no one question your motive. (Not that anyone should question your motives for wearing makeup in the first place. That's bullshit.)

And there we have it. 
My current line up of loose color items that are 100% worth the clean up!

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny that you post this when all I can think of is loose pigments. And I agree, so worth the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through phases but there are definitely shades worth keeping around!! I am dying to get my hands on some of the MakeupGeek ones.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.