Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Head to Head: Long Wearing Liner Pens

When you hear people in the beauty community talk about the best long wearing liner pens they usually fall into one of two camps.

Either they love the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner or the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.

After finally getting the chance to test drive both I think I know which one I will be re purchasing when the time comes.

They are both really great liners but their respective weaknesses will be deal breakers for some.

 

The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper has a beautiful calligraphy brush tip that allows for an amazingly precise cat eye. It gives a nice sharp point and the product flows through the brush easily and evenly. It is a nice deep black formula that dries to a matte finish.
The drawback for me with this product is that the long wearing claims just don't hold up for me.
Now it isn't terrible but I get considerable movement and fading at the corners of my eyes throughout the day. As someone with particularly leaky eyeballs this is a combo that just doesn't work for me.
If you are less prone to leakage than this could work really really well for you but otherwise I would pass.

 The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Black has been a go to of mine for a few months now. The nib here is foam and firmer than the Kat Von D and requires a few more passes to get as precise a wing. As a result of the foam applicator I find the formula with the Stila is slightly less black and thinner in consistency to  be able to move through the applicator easily. 
Despite needing slightly more work in application I find that this formula wears like iron. I haven't had any movement at the corners of my eyes no fading nothing from the Stila offering.

So despite liking the application process of the Tattoo Liner more if it doesn't last what's the point?

Have you guys tested out both? Was your experience different?

For now I am loving the Stila so much that I even picked it up in the shade Midnight which is a beautiful understated navy shade as an alternative to black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.