Pages

Monday, October 05, 2015

Treat Yo Self

 So ok... I know we were supposed to talk about eye things but then over the weekend I did a thing.
I bought the Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in Oxblood because I can't help myself and because it's a beautiful, perfect, autumnal red. 

This is not my first foray into luxury lip products but it has been a long time since I was inspired to spend more than 30$ on lipstick. 
In fact I haven't bought much makeup the last few months anyway but when I found myself with a little extra cash to spare I went right for the lipstick display. 

Oxblood is the color they used in their most recent runway show and has since been dubbed the brand's "signature color".


It's a beautiful neutral brown based red that is just the right mount of dark for day to day wear. It reminds me of an old MAC Pro shade I loved and wore for years, Red Pepper. The MAC was definitely more thick and matte than the Burberry and had a hint more brown to it but they are surprisingly interchangeable. 
The Burberry Velvet formula is a really lovely creamy satin finish. It doesn't look overly shiny but it isn't matte by far. So far I haven't had any issues with bleeding or smudging so I have been very impressed. I could see treating myself to another shade at some point. They had some really beautiful reds in the lineup especially. 

This is a purchase that is 100% unnecessary but lovely if you are in a position to make it.

Have you guys tried any Burberry lip products yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.