Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

And Bushytailed...

Excuse my absence last week. I was distracted from posting due to some family obligations. This by no means is to imply that my relentless makeup-ing was interrupted. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a few things from Sephora. I already showed you a two of the items here (link) and here (link). The last item I saved because I wanted to talk a little bit about another product I'd used for the same purpose.

One of the most popular goals in applying makeup on a daily basis is to use products that help you look more well rested and awake. Brightening the eye area is probably one of the most popular makeup related tricks in the book. (Right behind a smokey eye, which is funny because the two looks are fundamentally opposite.) I would say that the most popular method is to use a lightly colored eyeliner on the inner, lower, rim (waterline) of the eye. People often dance back and forth in regard to which color they actually prefer for the job; white, or nude. I thought it would be neat to throw together a comparison to get an idea of which color looks, brighter, more natural, etc...

First things first... a creepy close up of my naked eye,



I'm pretty lucky that I don't have an over abundance of redness inside my eyes. Just horrendous bags and dark circles. First up it's NYX Slide On Eyeliner in Pure White.





This is a really blatent way of adding brightness to the eyes. I like the look of white when I wear winged liner. I love the retro vibe of it and I even like how stark it looks. I find it is also a really great alternative for an evening out if you don't want to wear a dark color on the waterline. At 8$ it is a budget friendly liner with decent staying power, even on my waterline which eats through almost anything in an instant. I do find though, on a daily basis, I prefer this.





This is the NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte. Compared to the NYX this is no bargin. A 23$ eyeliner splurge to be exact. There are some upsides to the price though. This lasts an enternity on the waterline. I can apply this in the morning and come the end of an 8 hour workday this still lingers near the middle of my eye. I'm so pleased with it that I almost want to get this in  the black version (Via Veneto I think) but I'll have to make my way through the two pencils I already have.

 It's also a retractable pencil which means no sharpening and no loss of product. The nude color is a great alternative to white on a day to day basis. It keeps the eye area bright while remaining nearly undetecable from a normal distance. I highly reccomend looking into a nude liner for your water line if you're looking for ways to brighten your eyes in a subtle natural way. I especially reccomend the NARS Rue Bonaparte if you, like me, have very diffucult waterlines and are looking for a product that really will stick.

Have you guys ever tried either of these tricks? Do you prefer one over the other?

xoxo
Molly

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a bright white eyepencil and this NYX eyepencil doesn't look that bright. Can you recommend something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYX was pretty good but MAC fascinating is really stark and I know the Jordana shadow pencil has a matte white but I cannot attest to how well that works as I've never tried it. Also the Stila smudgstick formula, which is stellar, has a white that swatches like a boss. Hope this helps!!!!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.