Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And so it begins...

The new fall makeup collections! YAY! I love it when the drugstore releases new limited edition things. It is an exciting affordable way of sprucing up your routine without going overboard. (In theory.) When Nouveu Cheap posted about the new Maybelline fall displays yesterday (link!) I planned to go out this morning and see if I could hunt down the new display in my area. Sure enough Rite Aid #2 had the full display of the new Color Tattoo Cream shadows and I greedily helped myself to two. (but will likely wind up getting all four) The display also has Bad to the Bronze and Audacious Asphalt out as well but the four new shades are Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer, Rich Mahogany and, Mossy Green. I picked up the former two, Barely Beige and Gold Shimmer.

Top: Gold Shimmer Bottom: Barely Beige

One thing is important to bear in mind here. These are limited edition so if you see a color in the display you like, get it, because there is no way of knowing if it will resurface.



Yay for shrink wrap!



 
These two colors are beautiful as are the other two limited edition shades in the collection. They are all gorgeous neutral, wearable, and perfect not just for fall but for all year.  My first thought when I looked at these was "Why weren't these colors part of the initial Color Tattoo launch?" Barely Beige is the perfect shimmery nude wash of color and is very reminiscent of MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot. (they may be dead on but I don't own the MAC to compare.) Even the Mossy Green shade has enough gold and brown tones in it to pass as a neutral and would be suitable for day to day use. It just seems to be out of joint a little. I know it wasn't too long ago that we all used to complain about not being able to find crazy makeup colors at the drugstore but these are all really complex and beautiful shades that would make an ideal addition to the permenant Color Tattoo family.


Top: Gold Shimmer Bottom: Barely Beige

 
I hope some of you guys found this helpful and that you manage to get your hands on some of the new colors before they vanish. The display I found these in was brand new this morning and full, so if you're on the hunt start now and if you don't find them right away keep checking back.

xoxo
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.