Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Matte-r of Fact

I get more and more excited for Fall everyday. Earlier this week I showed off some new goodies from the collections and today I wanted to share a lip product that I love all year round in some shades that are great as the weather begins to cool.



Behold the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream!



This is one of the products in my go-to aresenal. They come in great, long wearing colors that apply like a lipgloss and dry to a matte finish. The first one I ever got was in the color Stockholm which is a nude-beige-pink color, then Amsterdam the blue based red and most recently Antwerp the muted peach pink.

I  reach for Stockholm when I'm wearing a daytime smokey look. It splits the line between "my lips but better" and a true nude perfectly for my complextion. I also think a matte nude lip is so hard to pull off that this might be as close as I'll ever get. Amsterdam is just one red in my vast (and I mean vast) collection of red shades. I like it best when my skin is behaving and I can wear this with thick lashes, nude blush, and nothing else. Antwerp was an impulse purchase from IMATS that I often like to pair with warm brown or copper eyes.

L-R  Amsterdam, Antwerp, Stockholm
I cannot accurately descibe how much I love these. They are so light weight on the lips, they don't feather (on me, this is always different for everyone) and once you apply them it takes a mountain (or greasy food) to move them. These colors stay put on the lips until they meet anything oil based. (makeup remover, salad dressing, etc.) They apply like a gloss and you have a few minutes to move them around before they set. Once they do they take on a dry texture (without drying out your lips) and a beautiful matte finish. The color goes on and stays opaque. The color selection is really well rounded and they retail for a measly 5-7$ depending on where you shop. (link!)

If you like a matte finish and a bargain I think you'll find these to your liking.

Do you guys have a favorite matte lip formula? Have you tried these before?

xoxo
Molly





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.