Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Cashel: Country Tipperary,Ireland #zitosonparade (I'm Back!)


View from the Rock of Cashel

I'm back from my three week family vacation and can't wait to share some of the snaps I took with you guys! I really wanted to have things ready to go up while I was gone but ultimately between work and friends and packing I simply ran out of time. 

I'm going to make it up to you though. 

I have the rest of the Summer and 1,300 photos to share from our epic family adventure...not to mention several haul videos worth of products, prints, clothes, books and, albums.


To kick things off I have some amazing photos of Cashel and County Tipperary.
Our first stop on the tour was actually Galway but I have some editing to do on those photos so we're going to start on day 2 and 3 of the vacation. 

We rented a car as we were planning on spending the better part of the holiday in Western Ireland (which I think has some of the most gorgeous landscape I have EVER seen.) and if you're comfortable with driving on the opposite side of the road I recommend it. It allows you to see what you want without having to stick to a tour bus.

We did have a bit of a scare due to a faulty steering rod but that is a one in a lifetime issue.  

 Not only is the view from the Rock of Cashel pretty astounding but the hill itself houses nearly a thousand years of history spanning several buildings, monarchies and religions not to mention constant fighting and sieges. 
 After years of religious claims the space also serves as a cemetery and while you can no longer obtain space there, if your family is already interned there you are eligible to join them when the time comes. 

Talk about a view for eternity(if you're into that sort of thing).
My brother taking in the scenery.
 Moo. (Cows and farm animal friends will be a theme for my Irish vacation)
 Lichen mottled head stones. (Cemeteries will also be a theme for the vacation.)

Winding roads, stone walls, green grass and cottages. 
 Dad with the village of Cashel as a backdrop.
 These baby iris-like flowers grew all over the rock walls in this part of the country.

 My favorite though were these weird tubular rock mosses that grew vertically out of the cracks in the stone walls. The wildlife had such a different kind of texture than what I am used to so I took as many opportunities as I could to capture it.

Since these posts are going to be relatively picture heavy I'm trying to keep my captioning to a minimum and let the images try to speak for themselves. 

I hope you guys like this little peek of what out trip was like and as best I can I'll try to include some restaurant and shopping recommendations when applicable. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics so far!! Looking forward to seeing more!! Glad you had a great time.-Your cousin Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I can't wait to share them all, it was the most amazing vacation!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.