Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

(Under)Cover Lover

If there is one base product that I can really get excited about it's concealer. 

For years I wasn't much of a foundation girl and since beauty blogging and YouTube have become a bigger part of my life that's changed I still always keep a wide selection of concealers, my true love, close at hand. 

While I was traveling I made sure to nab one formula I wanted to try and another that I knew I already loved. 


First up: the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Why OH WHY can we not get this worldwide?
It's one of those drugstore products that many of the British beauty community still reach for, keep on hand and, buy despite the fact that over the years the vocal hype has died down for the product. 

People must still be spending because in recent years they upped the shade range to (attempt to) include more customers. I bought this for the first time in 2011 on my graduation trip to London and used it up by September. It's even worth a sneaky eBay grab if you're desperate. 

I picked up Warm Medium 3 and Cool Medium 2. Warm Medium is darker by far and better suited to my Summer tan than my natural skin color and Cool Medium is far lighter and pinker which works very well under my eyes. Although I will only use this under my eyes in the warmer months. As this formula is so full coverage it can look a little heavy when the weather gets cool. 

Now for something completely different. 

The Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer was one of the first products they launched when the brand branched out into full fledged color cosmetics. The idea is great. It's a yellow toned and a pink toned concealer housed in the same compact with a finely milled brightening setting powder in a hideaway pan above them (not pictured). 

I'm not sure what I was expecting with this but it is somehow different than I imagined. It's intensely creamy so much so that when I fist swatched it I expected it to crease and slide off my face throughout the day. I could not have been more wrong.

It's a solid medium coverage formula that is blendable and creamy without feeling slick of greasy on the skin. I do think the powder aspect is necessary for this not to crease so it's nice that it's included and I do find that the powder works well and keeps the concealer set all day. 

The only draw back here (like the Collection) is that the shade range is atrocious. There are only 2, Light and Medium and the only part of the product that's different is the more yellow-toned shade geared toward face and blemish concealing.

Ultimately for me I feel like this is only an under eye product and it doesn't really share the versatility of  the Collection but if you are looking for a corrector (Like the Bobbi Brown or Eve Pearl) type product from the drugstore then I think this is an excellent item to check out. 

It's clear I will be well concealed for quite some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.