Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

The Homewear Wishlist:1


I have done a seemingly endless amount of wishlist posts on the blog before and almost all of them centered around clothes or beauty so this time I thought I'd switch things up and talk a little home inspiration with you guys. 

After my 3 week vacation and some rather thought provoking AirBnB stays I've been newly inspired to up the anti in my own space once again. 

Ever since I moved into my current apartment I have been slowly getting rid of all of the "temporary" and left over collegiate furnishings in favor of some slightly more sturdy adult options. 
In addition I've been going a step above just blue tacking a few posters to my walls and hoping for the best. 
...So with some careful Amazon-ing and some skillful souvenir shopping I've gotten some new ideas for my spaces. 



My Room:
I have a very warm tile floor in my room and a lot of black furnishing paired with it so in an attempt to add a little more color and light I've been eyeing this Pink Himalayan Salt lamp to help "detox" the air in my basement cave and add a little extra relaxing glow. In a similar vein for a punch of color these geode book ends have been on my radar since Ingrid Nilsen's apartment tour almost a year ago now. I imagine them holding up some of the records I leave out on the regular.

Lastly this piece of gift wrap (that I actually found at We Built This City on Carnaby St.) featuring a stylized map of London in a very basement friendly color story. I see it framed in the entry way outside my door and I'm really excited. 



Two Amazon goodies for the Kitchen. A replacement white ceramic pitcher for one that sadly broke on me last summer to hold fruit waters and the occasional cocktail. To hold said cocktails a nice inexpensive set of cacti margarita glasses for just the right hint of kitsch. 




Last up is some new bathroom storage to replace a very sad, albeit very functional, set of storage that I've been using for a year and a half now. Ideally I would love to mount something on the wall behind my toilet but my walls are tiled and I don't know how easy that will be to do. This cubby storage from home depot is my ideal but if I have to settle for a free standing shelf I'll be opting for this.

Lastly, as inspired by Anna's recent home wear haul, this pot from H&M for the communal living room in the apartment. It is the perfect place to add some fresh flowers or even maybe a potted plant that doesn't mind the dark as my apartment is a little lacking in natural light.

I'm really excited to start putting a little more into my space and slowly making the kind of place I really love.
Have you guys found any good or new fun home wear items lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.