Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Ed note|Bedside Beauty

My bedside table is usually a pretty crowded space. (ie: typically looks nothing like this photo.) I haven't successfully streamlined this spot yet but that's because it tends to house all of the things I reach for first thing when I wake up and right before I go to bed at night.

AM and PM necessities that range from beauty to tech from books to hydration and the odd tool or accessory. It's my bedroom catchall spot.

I thought it would be fun to take a look at all of the beauty bits that I keep within an arms reach.


Now most of the things here are nighttime specific beauty wise. I do have AM goods but they tend to stay in the bathroom or at my vanity, closer to where more of my morning routine takes place.

First up in the beauty department goes to the nails believe it or not. Nine times out of ten I paint my nails in bed (classy I know) so I tend to just let my base and top coat linger here. I am using and have been using the OPI Nail Envy and Seche Vite respectively for nearly 2 years now. I can't see this changing as they are both dreamy and do exactly what I need them to.

Right now my selection of moisturizers is strictly by Origins. Not by choice it just so happens that everything else I was using has either run out or broken me out so as of now the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins and A Perfect World are ruling my nighttime roost. I have to say A Perfect World is better but I'm not in love with either one and will be looking for a replacement when these deluxe samples are gone.

The oil selection is much more satisfying. The Fresh Seaberry Hydrating Face Oil has been treating me very well since before Christmas, which is impressive since the sample is so teeny tiny. The inexpensive backup is Rose Hip Seed oil which does really amazing things for evening the skin tone at approximately 11$. Not a constant player but a really nice budget alternative in a pinch. Next up for purchase when these are gone is the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

Followed up by two power players that are constant stars. My recently repurchased but very much loved Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I love this stuff. Love it. It's the most excited I've been about a skincare item in a very long time. The texture and hydration levels are both stellar. Followed in praise by the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm pot. Thick and beeswax-y this stuff lingers all night long and hydrates like nothing else. In the warmer months I don't even carry around a daytime balm.

Once the products are taken care of are the tools...


Again very nail-centric. A pair of clippers. Technically these are for toenails but I've only ever used them on my hands. I find the bigger size more easy to work with. The nail file is a glass one from Harmon (but get this one instead) that I've spoken about time and time again. If you are not using a glass file. Get on that shit. It's better for your nails and in my humble opinion works much better.

The other stand-by's are a large glass or bottle of water, my kindle, my phone and, in this case, and actual book. Right now it's NPH's Choose Your Own Autobiography. He's more hilarious on paper if you can imagine. Read it.

Besides the odd ring or necklace and the cute dish from H&M Home that's it for the bedside beauty bumpf. How about you guys? What is always at an arms length?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.