Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Mask Trifecta

I love a good face mask. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again I think a mask is the fastest way to impact your skin. 
Not all of them work the miracles they claim to but very often they provide a fresh layer of softness and an often welcome clarifying or exfoliating effect. 

This little Mini Mask Magic Kit from Peter Thomas Roth popped up around VIB sale time and I assumed it was a holiday offering but it was still available (and is still on the website but out of stock as of this post.) when I went to make my post purge purchases so I snapped one up. 

For a cool $20 you can try three of the brand's mask offerings in one go.


Now these are not large jars of product but you can easily get 4-5 uses out of each one which I think is really fair for the price. 

If I am being totally honest here, I got this for the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. I love a good exfoliator (sometimes a little too much.) and the promise of this eating up my dead skin and leaving behind a beautiful smooth glow was just too good to pass up. 

Let me just say the hype was not overdone here. It really works (very quickly to boot) and leaves a beautiful finish on the skin in addition to making your face smell like Thanksgiving. I will massage this into cleansed vaguely damp skin and let is sit for the recommended 5 minutes and then rinse it off. There are some micro granules in here as well that add to the effectiveness with some physical exfoliation. I would not leave this any longer than the maximum time allotted or you could really cause some irritation. 

The best part? It does the same thing for my skin that Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate does. I can't necessarily guarantee you will have the same experience but at 58$ full size for 5oz. vs. 175$ full size for 5oz. it's worth a sample for sure. 

Now the other two gel formula masks I wasn't so sure about. 
In the past any hydrating gel type mask I tried just left my skin feeling a little gunked up and not so cute. Hydrated but also clogged and a little greasy (Particularly the Lancome and the Origins.) so I didn't have terribly high hopes for these.

I'm happy to say I was very pleasantly surprised by these. They applied smoothly and dried down like most gel masks do but when I rinsed it off I didn't have any of the symptoms or side effects mentioned above. My skin felt smooth, clean and, well hydrated. One of these as a follow up to the Pumpkin would make for a very thorough, pampering and fast, at home facial if you were feeling indulgent.

Having said that I do not find that either of these were nearly as compelling as the Pumpkin Enzyme. If you were prone to or suffering from a drier skin texture I can see these maybe being more impactful but for me on a regular basis the Cucumber Detox and the Rose Stem Cell options just don't really tickle my pickle. 

I will however be hanging on to these for my upcoming transatlantic journey. I think they will come in handy but I'm not planning to repurchase.

If any of you were considering one of these I hope this rundown helps and if you want feedback on anything else hit a girl up. 
Why should you test it when I can do it for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.