Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The New Nudes

There is always something so welcoming about discovering a new everyday shade that sings on your skin. One of those colors you can just reach for without thinking about or having to worry if it matches the rest of your makeup. 
I'm not sure what it is but I don't seek out colors like this too often. It may be because I am more inclined toward a bold lip and because I don't always give myself the time needed to do my eyes "properly" in the morning. (As I sit here makeup free at my desk.)

At any rate, this past weekend I plunked down for two new nudes that came highly recommended from two very reliable sources and I could not be happier with them.


The every-popular drugstore option is Maybelline's Stormy Sahara. This was a recommendation from Tamira over at Lipstick with Some Sunshine. She's mentioned this many times, most recently in her February Favorites Video.  
This is a very creamy and opaque warm toned brown nude for a whopping $7 at your local drugstore. I think if you are going to opt for a budget formula the Maybelline Color Sensational is hard to go wrong with. The scent is not my favorite but it's not overwhelming and this is easily a widely appealing nude shade. 
I especially like that the color has a hint of depth to it which keeps this from being too dead a nude for me to wear. I like shades like this especially paired with an antique gold or green look on the eyes to carry the warm tones through my look. 

Followed up in purchase by the equally as popular MAC Patisserie which is highly regarded by Anna and Lily from Vivianna Does Makeup and Lily Pebbles respectively. Never ones to steer me wrong when it comes to nude makeup this shade is definitely all it's cracked up to be. It is practically identical to my natural lip shade and the sheer finish makes it look like I have a naturally even and smooth pout.

This is literally a shade for everyone that goes with almost everything. It is a sheer nude-y brown rose shade that is the embodiment of the overused "My Lips But Better" moniker. 

If you are in the market for a new nude, and really who isn't, you would be hard pressed to go wrong with either of these. 
Since I'm feeling these no brainer shades feel free to leave your favorites in the comments below. I love a reason to shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.