Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

The 5 Product Face-Weekend Edition


I'm a big fan of a five product face. 
When I'm in a rush when I'm going for a casual coffee or ladies night in I sometime still like to add a few things to the complextion to help create the illusion of someone well rested and groomed. 
Now I say sometimes.
I don't really mind leaving the house without makeup and do so more now than I ever used to but sometimes its nice to throw a little something on before heading out the door.

Lately when I do want a little something these are the 5 things I've been reaching for.


First up I still like to prime around my eyes. (Lid and under eye.) I figure if I am going to opt for less makeup I want it to stay where I put it. The Urban Decay Primer Potion is still unrivaled for me in this arena and I can't live without it. 

For my base I reach for my nearly finished Mini Bobbi Brown BB Cream. This is, in reality, a light coverage foundation with hydration and sun protection. I have raved about the formula before and still whole heartedly recommend it if you are looking for a tinted-moisturizer type product with a heftier coverage. Concealer is something that I love on a daily basis and I am certainly not abandoning it here. To go along with the slightly less covered base I forgo corrector in favor of a slightly neutral toned medium coverage concealer. Another repurchase for the win here in the form of the Origins Plantscription Concealer which on it's own is not quite enough for my everyday preference but provides just enough oompf for a lazy day.

Mascara is something I never go without and even if the rest of my face is paired back I like to still go quite full on with the lashes. Right now Too Faced Better Than Sex is in rotation but I find that the drama of this flakes quite a bit on me throughout the day and once this tube is gone I will probably try something else. 

Finally I like a lightweight lip color with a hit of peach/coral to it. Some days I will go for more or less color but this weekend I was feeling extra Spring-y and opted for the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. I have gone for the Fresh Sugar Rose in the past and on some especially lazy weekends just the  Jack Black Lipbalm

Whatever "low maintenance makeup" means to you I hope this gave you some ideas for super quick products to reach for when you feel like you want to wear something without allotting too much time or  effort to the exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.