Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Romancing the Glow

Something about this Summer has reinvigorated my love of a tan. I have been responsibly beach going on the weekends since my return from vacation and as such have had my first real summer tan in over a decade. 
As such I am starting to dread losing my color. I know a couple of months down the line I'll be loving my Snow White winter complexion with a nice dark lip but for now I'm all about holding on to what's left of my Summer glow. 


First up is bronzer. 
Ok so I am 100% not a bronzer babe. I never really have been but thanks to classic EssieButton and a little contribution from The Body Shop I've found a bronzer that really works for me whether I'm tan or not. 
The Honey Bronze Makeup Bronzing Powder in shade 01 Light Bronze. This powder is slightly translucent and red toned. It effectively mimics my skin tone amped up 3 or 4 shades. I've just been dusting this over my temples, cheeks, nose and chin to help make my slightly too light foundation go with my body tan and to warm up the overall appearance of my skin. 
It's a foolproof product and the only bronzer item I've even come close to making a dip in. 
Highly reccommend. 
To compliment my suddenly very bronze appearance I have been pretty religiously using the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Powder in Champagne Pop. God Bless Jaclyn Hill and her tremendous highlighting skills because this product totally warrants the hype it gets. 
I find it works well both when I'm pale and when I'm tanned (as the product promises) and has the most delicious high shine finish on the skin.
If you are feeling demure maybe save this one for nighttime but I find this one works well for me all the time. I just want to wear it all the time. 

Honorable mention goes to the RealTechniques Powder Brush and Setting Brush for playing perfectly with both of these products. The Powder Brush distributes just enough product and is so dense that the color is practically blended upon application. Same goes for the Setting Brush with the oh so in your face highlighter formula. It is wispy and light and helps to control the placement and density of the shine with little or no effort. Bonus points for them being available to purchase individually. 
Have you guys been romancing the tan this Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.