Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Glasgow Pt 2 #zitosonparade

 To kick off the final Scottish installment of the Zito's on Parade series I wanted to show off a little of the AirBnB we had while we were there. 
It was a lovely second floor apartment in the West End neighborhood of the city that was owned and operated for the express use of renting out to visitors. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the location beyond ideal. It was at the start of the Great Western Road just before the Kelvinsbridge Subway station a short walk from both the Botanical Gardens and Byres road.
As a family we loved the place and it served as a great home base for our three day Scottish stay. 


The last day in Glasgow we spent doing a bit more shopping and visiting the Necropolis. You guessed it. Another cemetery. 


 My Bedroom. I am in love with this throw blanket/bedcobver.
 View from my window,
 Creepy wall art. I wished I had taken the name of some of the artists the hosts had featured here. There was a great selection of work in the apartment.
 View of St Mary's Cathedral from the living room.
 Glasgow Cathedral. Located right near Strathclyde University (who were celebrating commencement the day we were there.) and just in front of the Necropolis is a beautiful gothic style cathedral that is positively enormous. I love monuments like this one. The ones that are large, ornate and almost haunted looking, I didn't even realize this was here until we found it on our way but it is one of my favorite churches that I've come across in my travels. 
 Behind it is the Necropolis which in no uncertain terms is a cemetery built on a very large hill. There are quite a few notable folks interned here but the best part is easily the view. 

 A heart shaped rose. 




Up next will be the trip to London. Not sure if it's going to be one post or two but it was, as expected, my favorite part of the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.