Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Color Fever

I am no stranger to funky colored hair. I was purple for a second then I was green for a while, then purple again while I was away over the Summer. Safe to say I had become accustomed to seeing myself extra colorfully. 
Once I got home from traveling though, I started spending more time out in the sun and surf and there is only so much abuse my hair can handle. So for a while I took a break from the bleach, had a little trim and treated my burnt ends with some extra TLC. 
Well...now it's September and I'm officially over my hair color hiatus. 


I did plan for this eventuality while I was on vacation by picking up some Bleach London goodies on sale at Boots in the Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow. I nabbed the ever popular Awkward Peach and on a whim reached for The Big Pink. I also picked up a conditioner but more to come on that later. 

These are definitely different kinds of colors than something like Manic Panic, Special Effects or Pravana. These are 100% intended to look washed out and pastel. If you go in knowing that I think you'll love these. 
I can only speak to how these two work when combined because I haven't used either individually. I will say though that I suspect that Awkward Peach is a more pastel shade than it's pink counterpart. When combined it results in a very flattering warm coral pink color that I am quite fond of.

They are very conditioning dyes but between that and the nature of the pigment I wouldn't expect the color to be especially long lasting. I happen to have thirsty, porous hair so for me this is not a problem but my coworker, (whom I gifted a few other shades), not only had issues with the color lasting but found it almost impossible to get it to stick in the first place. Her hair has more bleach in it than mine does. 

Finally if you are in The States and can't get your hands on this I don't think it's difficult to replicate with things you can get here. A little cheap conditioner and the full force color of your choice and the Bleach London effect is easily re-created.

Now recreating the effects of that conditioner...that's a different story.

Have you guys tried anything from Bleach? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.