Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Wishlist: Korean Skincare Edition

Apart from the inaugural BB Cream moment that took the beauty world by storm about 5 years ago my dabbling in Asian beauty products has been pretty minimal. I've trialed a sheet mask here and there (meh) and my love of cleansing oils began with the DHC version. 
So while my experience is minimal I have had something of a skincare revelation at the hands of a Korean brand.
So when I spotted the Sephora SoKo to Tokyo kit, pictured above, I knew this was a perfect opportunity to nab some much talked about products for a VERY fair $40 price. 

In addition to the value set; Sephora has upped their Asian skincare selection and America website Peach and Lily has been gaining momentum across the blogosphere for bringing new Korean goodies straight to the American skincare loving public in real time. 

There has never been a better time for a wishlist. 


To be fair I have already ordered the Sephora Gift Set and I expect I will have it in my hands later today so keep an eye on my YouTube Channel for more updates on that by the end of the week. If you are interested I wouldn't hesitate because this seems like a really phenomenal value and I suspect this could see out quickly. I cannot wait to try the SKII Facial Essence. 

Sticking with Sephora for the moment the Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Pack has been on my radar since Jenn Im featured it in a video a couple of months ago. It's a mask with a mousse texture designed to pull out dirt and oils from your pores, It's super unique and really pretty affordably priced. 

On to Peach and Lily. 
I've heard bits a pieces about the brand over the last year or so but they've been around since 2012 and offer a wide selection of Asian skincare in a web platform tailored to American customers with lots of information about usage and ingredients. The top of the list is the banilla co. Clean It Zero. A much talked about and shared cleansing balm that looks oh so promising. I have a lot of cleanser in my bathroom right now so I do think this purchase will wait but after all the good I've heard this is on the list to try next. 

I have been noticing some pore clogging lately because of the last of the warm weather and I'm hoping that something like the Caolion Pore Original Pack that uses active charcoal to unclog the skin will do the trick. I think this will be one of the first things I opt for when I place my order because I have found charcoal products work well for my skin and produce great results. 

Finally the image and title of the item makes it sound so lush and appealing but the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB is everything you think of when you think of Korean makeup. Cutesy packaging that contains the promise of light and fresh faced perfection. Call me a sucker but I'm so down to give it a try. 

So that's what I'm thinking as far as diving into Asian beauty before the fad is over. Is there anything I'm missing. Recommendations are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.