Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Repurchase: Seche Vite (Always and Forever)

 As someone with an insatiable appetite for beauty it is uncommon that a product comes along that I repurchase religiously. In fact I don't think there is anything besides Seche Vite that has that rare honor in my collection.

Now this is not an item devoid of flaw but, you'd be hard pressed to find a nail aficionado without this in their stash.


Will you look at that shine! You can even see the reflection of the camera in my nails.

Now the pros: This is the fastest drying topcoat I have ever tried. It litterally only takes around 30-60 seconds for your polish to be dry to the touch. For someone like me who is perpetually ruining her fresh, perfect (more or less), manicure this is a godsend! It is a self leveling formula that leaves a gel-thick imperfection masking layer over the nails. I do find that it also makes even the cheapest of polish formulas stick around for a full 7 days.

The Cons: This stuff smells because it was ushered into it's cult status before the onslaught of the "5 free" polish movement. The big bad this contains is formaldehyde. Now I don't mind the brief weekly or bi-weekly exposure I get and don't think it's enough to have a huge impact. I find just working in a well ventilated space makes me comfortable with my level of use. There is a "shrinkage" issue. You can see it here at the very tips of my nails, the polish is sort of pulling back from the free edge. There is about 3 days tip wear here too but it isn't a lot worse than day one. Finally the product does tend to go a bit gloopy about 2/3 of the way through. It still lasts me about 8 months this way and I don't find it to be a deal-breaker; just time to buy a new bottle.

Although it seems to be here that there are more cons that pros I still consider this to be the only true "Holy Grail" item in my collection. While I still try other formulas from time to time I have yet to find one that can de-throne Seche Vite.

This little bottle is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.