Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Best of the Basics

I am not generally a three product face girl but, some mornings sleep sounds way better than anything my vanity could ever give. 
I don't mind leaving the house bare faced at all but for work I like to at least look alive. 

The products I turn to on those days, the pinch hitters if you will, are the kinds of product worth spending money on.

Today we're taking a tour of the three things I need to make the most impact in my morning.


I am a fussy foundation creature.
 Often times I don't even bother with it.
It really works best for me when I am in a rush as it makes the most impact with very little effort. I have tried many a drugstore iteration but after sample upon sample there is just nothing else out there quite like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The closest thing is maybe Estee Lauder Doublewear Light but that has more coverage and a more matte finish.

This is light coverage that looks like skin. I find this formula makes my skin look even and clean and holds up well throughout most of my workday. Any after hours activity would need touching up but because it looks like no makeup when it's on I'm ok with a little fading.

Topped of with a bit of my NARS Creamy Concealer to add a little bit more camo to the areas that really need it. (cough* under eyes *cough) How much I enjoy this has been pretty well documented but for the purpose of driving a point home: this covers effortlessly and fully without looking like makeup.

It is in all actuality, makeup magic.

Finally is a splurge I don't actually condone all that often. I was craving a bit of a high end mascara purchase and YSL was next on my list. This Faux Cils Shocking formula truly does not disappoint in any way. It gives full fake-looking lashes in 2 quick coats. It is mildly spidery in nature but that's ok...I do like it like that.

Do curl your lashes first! It makes a huge difference. I promise.

Despite the very jarring total of this three product face (Just under 100$ for all three...eek!) I whole heartedly condone the purchase of high-end beauty that you will love, use, and finish. I have spent more money in my makeup wearing days on drugstore items that I bought and never used, threw out, or passed along to friends than I have on high end items. Without fail.

Find what you like, buy it and use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.