Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Spectrum: Navy

I have found a new neutral and it's taking over my collection. 

Navy is not, by any means, a ground breaking shade but ever since I got the Lorac Pro 2 Palette with that amazing matte navy I have been all over the color.


Now my two favorite ways to incorporate navy shades into my look have been eyes and nails. 



Nails are, for my money, the easiest way to change up your look when it comes to any color but the navy works so well now that the cooler weather is looming. My one truly luxurious nail polish possession is Chanel's Blue Satin. This was really popular quite some time ago and it was a splurge purchase I made in my college travels at an airport in the UK. I think I spent my last $13 pounds on it and despite claims to the contrary I find that this formula wears quite well on me. For a slightly less saturated and far less expensive choice is Essie's Bobbing for Baubles. It's slightly more gray in tone and the hint of grey makes it a very sophisticated feel on the nails.

On the eyes I like to go with just a hint or the whole hog, rarely do I venture in between. As I mentioned before I'll take the navy shade from the Lorac Pro 2 palette and use it as a liner, typically with some rose gold tones on the eyes. For a slightly more graphic look I have been aiming for the Stila Stay All Day in Midnight. This one looks very nice with no other eye makeup and really brings out all of the variation in my brown eyes. On the very rare occasion that I go all out on a smokey eye I will do 1 of 2 things, warm smokey browns or, navy. I love the L'Oreal Infalliable eyeshadow in Midnight Blue.  Not only is the formula on this impeccable but this shade has both a matte darkness to it with hits on navy shimmer that peek out when the light catches.

I'm bound to go back to my black and bronze ways sooner or later but for now navy really seems to be running the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.