Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Hangover Facial


So let's get real. If you have a serious hangover you are not going to do this. Some days your are just bed bound until dinnertime-no shame, we've all been there but this little setup is not intended for those days.

Although on the days where you're feeling a little worse for the wear but have to get going anyway it is always a good idea to have a product lineup that gets things moving.

Let's do this one step at a time...

1. Cleanse! I know you didn't get all of your makeup off last night, you know you didn't get all of your makeup off last night so, lets do it again shall we? I like an oil based cleanser in general but especially now; it easily breaks down and removes any leftover grime and rinses cleanly. This Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil not only emulsifies completely when it hits water but it also has a nice mentholated feel that really boosts your circulation. In the event that your skin is a little extra dirty (it is, probably along with the rest of you) I like to go in and cleanse twice. This just ensures you get all of the shit off of your face even if you can't get it out of your bloodstream. The Origins Checks and Balances, although a bit much for everyday, is a nice fill in here. I also find if I gently lather this in my hands, apply to my face and let it sit for a minute before rinsing my skin avoids that stripped dry feeling.

1.5: Shower...

2. Tone: Again I like two steps here. First I use an exfoliating toner to get rid of the skin cells I killed with alcohol last night. The Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner is something I've been banging on about for months. It gently but thoroughly exfoliates without being too harsh or scratching up the surface of your face. As your skin is crying out for some TLC today I like to go back in with something a little more hydrating. The Herbivore Botanicals Balance is a glycerin based mist that I find provides an added hydration and preps the skin for step three.

3. Moisturize, Massage, Moisturize: Face oils are amazing and a blessing. This Nude Pro Genius Treatment Oil is nice and lightweight but hydrating and does amazing things to even out the complexion. Once I have this applied I go in with my Body Shop Facial Massager Tool. I break this out when my skin is looking especially dull and it really makes your blood move which will make you look and feel just that little bit better. If a tool is not your style just run your knuckles over your skin firmly but gently for about 3 minutes. I follow that up with the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer which feels like it's been on ice even when it hasn't. It's instant refreshment. I don't have it pictured but the corresponding eye cream would also be a solid addition here.

4. Treat: Now after any night of a solid party you probably have a few new friends erupting on your face. Nip those little suckers in the bud before they get big enough to pick at (I know I'm 13) with the Origins Super Spot Remover. A skincare standby for me. It won't get rid of them all at once but use it for 2 days and you will be zit free!

No Origins did not pay me to say any of this (I wish! NYC is expensive.) They just make excellent things.

Now relax, drink your water and take a nap on the couch in front of stupid weekend TV. 

...and try not to do it again next weekend. 
That's a lie, we always do it again next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.