Pages

Monday, August 04, 2014

Makeup Bag: The Weekend Getaway


Something about Summer in New York just begs for weekends away. The smell, the heat and... the heat. I have been really taking the time to get out and give myself a break. 

I have also spent the last 2 months whittling down my makeup bag to, what I have decided, are my bare necessities. As I normally end up wearing makeup out of the city and then back in again and very rarely in between I think this is the perfect low maintenance face.





My main goal is to aim for products that are finger friendly. The face especially. I start out with a primer, as my travel days end up being pretty long. I'm still having a love affair with the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer. Nothing keeps you matte or keeps your foundation on quite like it. On top of that I go for the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint. A lightweight foundation that masquerades as a tinted moisturizer and provides the ever popular soft-focus finish. To top it off I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. Sets things, adds more coverage and, smooths things a little further. I do pack a baby Royal and Langnickel Kabuki Brush because otherwise it's hard to use. 

You'll notice I went concealer free. Lately I have been liking the freedom of traveling with one or the other and not both, Not my perfect face but, definitely vacation friendly. 

For brows I have along my favorite Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette and my Essence Lash and Brow Clear Mascara. No surprises there. On the eyes I popped the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink for a nice bright effect and my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner pen. A little brightness and a cat eye is a perfect no muss, minimal product, makeup bag friendly look. I also pop the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer and the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara in to round out the look and keep things in place all day. 

An eyelash curler comes along without question because it is a necessity or, in case I only leave time for mascara and lipstick. Here I have the Japonesque variety.

Finally I packed the fan-freaking-tastic Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow because a cat eye is always aided by a little contour. I also add the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply Hollow. For blush I opted for NARS Outlaw because it is an easy, natural flush that looks especially good on skin that's a little sun kissed.

As for lip products well... I tend to just rely on whatever I have in my purse from the week(s) prior. I usually have at least one nude, one balm, and a few bold shades to make things versatile. 

I feel like this is just enough and the kind of edited makeup bag that I somtimes wish was all I had to choose from everyday. Don't get me wrong, I love my options but, sometimes it's nice to revel in a little simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.