Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Multi Product Effect: Highlighting Blush

I feel like a pretty constant theme here on my blog is my weekday morning laziness when it comes to makeup. 

Now I am by far not alone in my desire to sleep as late as possible but still look good in the morning and, as a result I have accumulated quite a few products that create a multi-product effect on the skin.

For this edition I'm going to focus on the blushes in my stash that give a fresh glow to the face without the need of an additional highlight.




Now an obvious choice is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. Yes... I know, Hourglass, Hourglass, Hourglass but honestly they are that good. Infused with the original face powder formula with an extra dose of color. All of the shades create a glowy and smooth appearance to the skin. Find the shade that suits you and get one. You won't regret it.

A bit of a dark horse in this round up is Illamasqua's Morale. This is the most shimmery and least conventional blush shade. A warm magenta tone with a hint of a pink/gold sheen. I like this one applied very lightly as the pigment is quite strong. It provides a nice believable flush with a lively glow. Coming from a brand whose matte blushes are the most celebrated in their collection this is a nice surprise. 

Now the final shade, Sleek Makeup's Flushed, is actually a matte blush. The reason I'm including this is because, on my skin, it brings out the most milky white contrast and natural glow. It mimics the Snow White winter flush that I very mush love especially as the weather gets cooler. This shade will differ for every skin tone but I love the look of the "pinched cheek" color for everyone and I think is a good blush basic to have on hand.

Yay multi-taskers!
...I am officially the Alton Brown of makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.