Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

The Daily and the Drama

Sometimes people talk about a lipstick so much and so loudly that eventually you have to see what all the fuss is about. 
What can I say, I'm easily swayed.

The only other NARS lip product I had turned out to be terribly disappointing. (Pure Matte Lipstick in Terre De Fue. Don't do it!) 
These two on the other hand have been lovely.


For our daily color selection I've opted for the much praised Lipstick in Barbarella. It is a beautiful sheer peach nude shade that is almost the same depth as my own lips with just a hit of brightness. It's a lovely really easy to wear goes with everything kind of shade. I am even going to attempt to justify the price tag on this one.

I have never found another nude quite like this one. It's light but, not too light and gives a nice wash of color without blocking out your natural lip shade. I find when you opt for a drugstore version of a color like this you end up with something more opaque, more nude or mauve and something far less flattering than this. As far as MAC goes this is somewhere in between Shy Girl and Every Hip. 

No wonder I love it.

Now our friend Velvet Matte Lip Pencil up there is another story. Red Square is beautiful tomato red color in a lovely, light-weight, matte formula. The pencil aspect of it makes it easy to apply neatly and on the go. It is an easy color to dupe though. It's very Lady Danger-esque but I must say, there really is something about  NARS packaging that is difficult to resist.

One big downside is that I don't think this type of product travels well. I can just envision the cap popping off and beautiful tomato red matte lipstick covering all of my belongings.

Despite their dupe-ability (or lack thereof) I am very pleased to welcome these two into the handbag rotation.

Welcome to the club ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.