Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Daily Glow

Nothing is more exciting than coming across a selection of base products that just...work. When you're all done applying it's exactly the way you want it to be and it's quick to get on.

As someone who doesn't try a lot of foundation type products all at once plunking down on a new one and having it work out is especially exciting.



The lineup is as follows. Becca, Ihavementionedthisamilliontimes, Ever Matte Perfecting Primer down my t-zone only. I love that this leaves behind a smooth matte finish that lasts all day even in the dead of Summer. I find I  don't have lasting issues on my cheeks and I tend to avoid any unnecessary layers if at all possible. 

This is followed up almost immediately by the new love of my life Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in shade B30. A nickel sized dollop of this covers my whole face and neck and evens out my complexion perfectly. I love that this much celebrated formula doesn't mask my natural skin texture and is extremely comfortable to wear.

For additional coverage I go in with my Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant. Under the eyes and around the nose this really perks up all my darker areas. This is a drugstore stand by for me and something that I always have in my collection. I tend to top that off with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. It's maybe a hair more pink than I would prefer for my face but the finish is so impeccable that I just make sure to blend a little longer.

To make sure everything looks and stays smooth I top it all off with a generous but not too generous dusting of Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. Since  have been singing about the soft focus perfection of this product for the last 6 months I will spare you another diatribe. Just try it.

Stay tuned for Sunday where you can catch a video of the whole application and finished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.