Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Can You Put A Price Tag on Meh?


 This past weekend I was in the mood to treat my self. (#treatyoself) and I plunked down 30$ for a fancy new something from Marc Jacobs.  I already have the Starlet Palette and I do really love it even though I tend not to reach for it all that often. 

As I was swatching in Sephora I gave the Shameless Bold Blush in the shade Irresistible a go and boy was irresistible more than just a name that day.

I must have swatched every god damned blush in Sephora looking for something similar that had a smaller price tag. I'm not really sure why though. When it comes to Sephora and luxury beauty 30$ for a blush is really not THAT outrageous. It's not cheap, but its by far not the most expensive thing on offer. 

This has a lovely texture on the skin. Sheeny and satiny in finish and it gives just the right amount of warm terracotta bronze, especially for the coming Summer.

Where it seems to falter for me in a big way is the staying power. I'm not sure if it's the new foundation I'm using or if it's the product itself but I must say it doesn't wear for more than 4 hours on me so far. By this time next week if I'm still having issues I will probably take this one back and swap it our for the Tarte LE Summer Amazonian Clay Blush in Captivating.

Alas Marc I wanted to love it completely but, it looks like it might be over before it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.