Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Trust the Master?

The way I have always cleaned my brushes has once and truly been out done. 

Watch out Dr. Bronner, The Master is in town.



Full name: Original B&J "The Master's" Brush Cleaner and Preserver. This cleansing powerhouse resides in the oil paint aisle at Michael's for a mere $9.99. Take into account that not a single week goes by where you can't find a 40% off coupon for Michael's and that brings your total to a mere $6 or, in my native New York $6.48 with tax.

This stuff provides amazing, untouchable results. It removes every type of makeup from every kind of brush fiber you can imagine. It even got out stains from brushes that had been there for far too long. (Like, WAY too long.) 

It is an emollient solid balm product that creates a generous lather when combines with water and brush hairs. It breaks down any dirt and oil in the brush and rinses clean so quickly your head would spin.  On top of how thoroughly it removes the gunk and how quickly it rinses clean it left my brushes feeling softer and in better condition than when they were new.

It comes with 2.5 oz. of product compared to Benjabelle's 1.5 oz for $14.95 or the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser's paltry 1 oz. of product for $15.95.

There is a catch though.

I can't find an ingredient list for this product anywhere. Now if you've ever done oil painting (the type of brush cleaning the product is really intended for) you'll know one of the solvents used for years to clean paint off brushes is turpentine or turpenoid(the synthetic version). Now the most harmful thing about these chemicals is that the fumes are dangerous to inhale, and are highly flammable.

Now the Masters Cleanser has no discernible odor but I would like to find out for sure. I plan on contacting the company directly to see what is actually contained in the product, just to ensure it is safe for repeated skin exposure.

Have any of you tried this yet? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.