Pages

Friday, May 09, 2014

Bronzer as Blush



I do this post every spring. It's a little misleading because I kind of hate bronzer.

That's a lie. I don't HATE it, I just feel like it doesn't do anything for my pale yellow complexion and the practice of applying it can just go so wrong so quickly. Sometimes I like to look for blushes that do similar things to bronzers but, never really commit to the bronzer itself. Until now.

I may have finally found a technique for wearing the elusive bronzer in my collection as a healthy warm blush flush.




So Wedneday I mentioned this cream blush. Which layers perfectly with nearly every bronzer in my collection. It creates a warm rosy glow that looks sunkissed and sculpted without looking muddy or dirty. I have been wearing this look all week because it pairs so seamlessly with every look I wear whether it's eye or lip heavy.

My favorite of the three pictured bronzers has proven to be NARS' Laguna, much to my surprise. The subtle glimmer I think actually makes it more fitting for a blush effect rather than a sculpted effect. Having said that the two standards in my (very very small) bronzer collection (seriously I only have 4) are Benefit's Hoola and Bourjois' Chocolate Bronzer. Both of which are matte and incredibly versatile. They can be used in the blush capacity and both look amazing in conjunction with many a cream blush underneath. As they are both matte thought, they benefit from a little extra highlight when worn on the cheeks as opposed to as a contour.

I always love when I can find a use for a product that I don't normally get excited about wearing. It makes my collection feel suddenly so much larger.

PS. Bourjoius is now available online at Urban Outfitters, Walgreens, and Sears. What?! Placing an order asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.