Pages

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Color Punched | Bleched Neons


Truth be told, I was a little dissapointed by most of Maybelline's Summer 2014 Bleached Neons Collection. Maybelline is the one brand that I will typically go clamoring to the drugstore for when people start to spot new displays.

The new Bleached Neons were a little different...
The Color Tattoos are repromotes from last year's Summer 2013 Collection. The Color Whispers are nice but easily subbed out for shades in the permanent display. The bronzers are not something I would reach for (personal preference but I've also seen they contain quite a bit of glitter) and I, in the minority of beauty junkies, hated the formula on the Color Elixir Glosses. 

The one standout, despite some mild formula issues, are the nail colors. The color selection is perfection. See all the shades here.

I did opt for two of the standout colors (IMHO) Coral Heat, and Day Glow Teal. Do I lack either of these shades in my collection? No. Do I need more nail polish in my life in duplicate? NO! 

Truthfully though, I just couldn't bring myself to pass on the display because, while the colors are not terribly unique, the concept behind them is just so perfect. So much so that I want to go back for Bleached in Peach. Seriously, send help.

There are no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.