Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hippie Business

Do you know how sometimes you're really excited and intrigued by a product but then you just don't buy it?
For whatever reason you justify leaving it on the shelf with things like "I'll never use it" or "I already have things like that and I don't need another." 
All of these are really smart conversations to have with yourself when you shop. In my experience it minimizes unnecessary spending but, every now and then, you cave and you buy the thing that you know is probably not going to get used or finished. 

Except this time...I should have picked this up ages ago. 


Skin Trip is a hippie cult product that seems to live up to all of it's claims. 

It is an incredibly light weight, monsterously hydrating and, coconut scented "nasty free" body lotion by the brand Mountain Ocean. 

Upon first glance the small squeeze bottle does not look like the world's best value. 10-13$ for 8oz of product is but believe me when I say you do not need a lot of this. 

When you hear people talk about moisturizers the one thing most people look for is lasting hydration that doesn't feel sticky or greasy on the skin. It sounds like the kind of beauty contradiction that keeps brands reformulating for years on end. It is also exactly how I would describe this. 

It's incredibly thin but the hydration lasts on my (normal) skin for almost 48 hours. 

I have never been the most religious applier of any kind of body lotion but this is something I think I can get on board with. It absorbs almost instantly and lasts for days which means I don't have to remember to apply is every day. The only reason I think this may not work for someone is if you are not a fan of a coconut fragrance. It's strong and lingers in the lightweight formula so if tropical is not your M.O. I would say keep looking.

If you can get on board with coconut or better yet, if you love it, you kind of need this in your life. 
Especially now that it's warmer out. 

Have you guys tried this yet? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.