Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The 2 for 4$ Drugstore Matte Lip Score


 It's admittedly been a while since I found anything truly exciting at the drugstore. I went through a long phase where I bought a lot of drugstore makeup and had a lot of 50/50 experiences. 

I think that's to be expected when you're shopping on a budget. In my experience the formulations, while great for some, have a much more narrow margin of success at a lower price point. Since then my beauty budget has increased a bit and so I'm more inclined to shell out for pricier products.

That said, every once in a while the drugstore gives up some really stellar surprises. 


 I had heard about the Jordana Modern Matte lipsticks when they launched back in the spring but wasn't curious enough to order them online to test out. So last week when I came across them at the Duane Reade at 2 for 4$ I nabbed two (admittedly unoriginal) colors to test drive.

I grabbed Matte Dare and Matte Style a deep berry and classic blue based red respectively. These are actually kind of great.

Not the world's most impeccable matte formula but a really comfortable, long wearing and pigmented option if you are on a budget. And if this week was any indication they are now being included as part of the regular Walgreens/Duane Reade Jordana display.
The color selection is pretty decent and offers an impressive selection of nudes pinks and bold shades to please any matte lip lover. 

Touchdown for the drugstore.
Have you guy tried the Modern Matte formula yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.