Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Transition Scents

 During the warmer months I tend to put candles away in favor of quicker burning and altogether less "hot" ways of scenting my spaces. I like a bit of incense or a reed diffuser but when it starts to get cool the candles come right back out. 

I have sort of moved on from my days of the Bath and Bodyworks candle and have stopped trying to find sophisticated and unique scents in the sea of sugar-y frosted donits and pumpkin coffee. 

Enter the wonderful world of small batch candle life. 


I've actually mentioned this first scent before. It's the Square Trade Goods Grapefruit and Herb candle. I picked this up on a whim at Urban Outfitters this time last year and instantly fell in love. After a year I found a backup I had forgotten about lurking in my closet and immediately lit it.

The combo of the tart citrus with earthy sage is one of the most unique and well balanced home fragrances I've ever tried. The best part is that the Square Trade candles seem to burn forever and give off more aroma than any Diptyque candle I've tried.

 Another candle brand I've mentioned here before is Mrs Meyers.

I've been a pretty long term convert to their cleaning products but tried their Basil candle back in the spring and was so surprised by how well and 8$ candle was able to fill so much of my apartment with that clean green smell. 

This time I opted for the lavender and I haven't been disappointed. It's maybe not as strong as the basil fragrance but it is more than enough to fill my room with the sweet soapy and familiar smell.
If you have a scent that you love from Mrs Meyers I highly recommend the candles as they give a really amazing bang for your buck.
Do you guys commit to candles all year round or do you, like me, preffer them only in the colder weather? Have you found and scents that you really love lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.