Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Ed Note: Summer Hydration

Every year as the weather starts to warm up I like to briefly reevaluate my nighttime moisturizer situation. In the colder months I love to slather as many of the emollient and creamy products on my skin as it can handle but, when the weather starts to warm up I find I like something that sinks in a little more quickly and lets me lay down with a nice hydrated and not-sticky face. 

The newest addition to the Summertime moisture lineup is the Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturizer. 

I had been using the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream for nearly a year and really really enjoyed it throughout the brutal and seemingly never ending cold months here in NYC.  Despite the hefty price tag of Somerville's products I have yet to come across one that was truly bad and the Nourish is no exception. 


It is a lightweight white and slightly translucent cream with no discernible scent (although it does contain "Fragrance" on the ingredient list.) that applies evenly over the skin. It sinks in incredibly quickly, even over products that are more "slippy" so that the face ends up with an incredibly hydrated but non-tacky surface. 

I will say despite the lovely feel this leaves behind for the price I think the Goat Milk Cream gives you more bang for your buck. You get the added benefit of the lactic acid with an incredible sense of hydration. This is a little more basic as a product and despite the fact that it performs as expected (wonderfully) it may not be something I shell out $65 for a second time. I will be thoroughly enjoying it as the Spring and Summer progresses though. 
 (Full disclosure this was a lovely gift from my parents.)

The one thing that I love about ALL Kate Somerville product, just like everyone else, is the super hygienic space age packaging. Just push down and dispense the ideal amount of product. No cross contamination, no waste. :)

So cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.