Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Wishlist | Sephora Spring VIB Sale

Another VIB sale; another wishlist. Full disclosure I have actually already made a sale purchase but I'm pretty certain one more is on the way before the event is over. 

All things considered my wallet is not too sad.

There were some things I wanted that the store I went to did not have and some others I didn't realize I wanted until I saw them in store over the weekend but, I thought I'd take a second to share what I was considering. 


First: The Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Heather Pop. I have almost certainly considered one of these babies in the past but have never pulled the trigger, mostly because I can't decide on a color. I think I need the new shades to hit shelves before I commit here.  This is probably a good reason to just pass on the product but everyone talks about how good they are and I feel like I'm missing out. Legit the dumbest brand of FOMO ever. 

The one thing I think I really will get this time around is a Trio of the Make Up Forever Artist Shadows. In fact I intended to pick this up on Sunday but the location I went to had such a sad selection of shades that I'm planning on doing some online recon and then just placing an order. 

The second thing I will probably get is the Sephora Solid Brush Cleanser. A bargain when put up against the Beauty Blender version and the recipient of rave reviews everywhere you look. I have about one use left in my old Masters Brush Cleanser and then I think it's time to give this one a whirl. 

The only thing on here that I kind of need is a new blush brush. This Sephora Collection offering seems to have a nice angled shape and comes in at a pretty solid price point. I did pick up something this weekend that was more reasonably priced and if that works out I'll hold off on this but if it falls short this could be the next brush added to my collection. 

The one thing I do want...but will likely wait on, is the Kat Von D Monarch Palette. This is not new by any means and is generally recognized as one of the better offerings on the market from the brand. The only thing that makes me hesitate here is the fact that by no means do need another full on eyeshadow palette. The colors are right up my street and beautiful to touch but ultimately I think I'll save this one for a rainy day when I get the urge to make a purchase. 

All in all I've started thinking about my beauty buying a little differently and tried to really focus in on the things that I really want to try. I've sort of stopped buying things just because they're on sale. It seems to have gone a long way toward keeping my collection from ballooning out of control but when Sephora does treat us to a little sale I think it's nice to treat myself to a few things on my Wishlist. 

Are you guys picking anything up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.