Pages

Monday, June 01, 2015

Quick and Easy Weekend Makeup

Quick and easy weekend makeup can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. In some cases for me it means no makeup but on some occasions I like to spiff up for a day at the park.

A couple of weeks ago I hit up Astoria Park in Queens with some friends and nabbed seven quick items to play with.


The Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Light has been on rotation for almost a year now but it's perfect for a day at the park. It pairs just enough coverage with a nice high SPF so it makes for the perfect sunny day solution. I did have extra SPF on hand for targeted reapplication but this is a good way to double up. To add to the coverage aspect I reached for the Origins Plantscription Concealer. It's not the most heavy duty or even my favorite formula of the moment but it's is a beautiful, lightweight and skin like coverage for lazy days. 

As for face basics I reached for the Mally Volumizing Mascara which has very much grown on me since I initially picked it up but I'm not so sure it's good enough to be a repurchase. The L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper on the other hand is a beautiful budget product that I can't recommend enough. Great shade, small spoolie and a fiberous just-pigmented-enough formula that will run you less than 10$ on sale. Dunzo.

Apart from mascara on the eyes I've been really into classic black eyeliner again. Chalk it up to my recent re-discovery to The Mighty Boosh and newfound love for Noel Fielding but in the last month I don't think I've put the black liner down. It's not the most long-wearing formula I have but for now the Sephora Waterproof 12Hr Waterproof Liner Pencil in Black Lace. To go with that I injected a little color in the form of Milani's Baked Blush is Bella Rosa, a bright matte magenta pink and, the Beaute Liqui-gel Lip Stain in Flouron, a matte, neon, slightly transparent coral pink shade. I love these two paired together and with just simple liner and mascara it takes on a lightly lived in and smokey look. 

As far as Saturday mornings go I would say 7 products and 10 minutes is a great way of having a good time with beauty without sacrificing time. 

So what does quick and easy weekend makeup mean to you? Nothing? Full Face? 
Tell me what you reach for when you want a fun look but don't want anything too serious or too time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.