Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

When Summer Brights Feel Right

Despite that fact that two weeks ago I was droning on about winter berry lips at the height of the Summer season I may have finally managed to find a set of "seasonal" lipsticks that are making me tick.

They are in a stellar formula that, better yet, is at the drugstore.

The Maybelline Creamy Mattes formula launched last fall and for the Spring they doubled the shade range.  As soon as I saw preliminary images of the colors I knew exactly the colors I would be aiming for.


(Look I kept some wild flowers alive!)

Vibrant Violet is a matte purple shade that is a dead on dupe for MAC's Heroine which is a color that's been on my to buy list for a long time. This shade is pretty but the formula here is not as amazing as some of the other colors. It is sheer and a bit patchy but it does build to a really lovely opaque orchid purple. I think this is a great Summer translation of all those berry shades that I'm in love with. It's a little edgy and dark but vibrant all at the same time.

Bonus: If you've been curious about the look of a purple lip you can test drive it for 8 bucks.
All Fired Up is an electric coral color. This one is also kind of misleading. In the tube I thought this would be more of a vibrant pink red color and while some of that color does translate it's warmer and lighter than I initially thought.  The formula here is more consistent than Vibrant Violet. It applies evenly and stays opaque.

Despite the fact that I was most excited to get my hands on Vibrant Violet I think this shade will get quite a bit more use from me.
Have you guys landed any new or cool warm weather finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.