Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Fan-fucking-tastic Mascara (But It's Not Better Than Sex)


...Ok so the name of this mascara is such a huge load of marketing crap that I just cannot get behind. Which is really something coming from me. I am the definition of a marketing department's wet dream.

I'm all about cheeky names from the beauty industry (no matter how inappropriate I can get behind NARS 100%) but this is just kind of lame.

It's one of the reasons why I put off trying this mascara for such a long time. Despite the fact that it got positive reviews from the beauty community and rave reviews from my friends I just don't think the whole "sex sells" thing works here. 

No mascara is better than sex.

It does happen to be one really excellent mascara though.


In fact; this is basically everything I want in a mascara. It creates full, fluffy and luxurious lashes that last all day and do a moderate job of holding a curl.  They look dramatic but not fake and work well with lots of eye makeup or no eye makeup. 

The brush is on the larger side, it is by far not the largest or most cumbersome brush I've ever worked with but, I think it's the shape of the brush that really makes this formula sing.  It has an hourglass shape that seems to cradle the lashes in the center of the eye nicely while also fully coating the smaller lashes on the inner and outer corners. The brush seems to get such a good grip on the lash that it applies well and evenly without leaving too much residue on my upper lashline. Almost every other mascara I've ever used has been somewhat unwieldily in this way and to my surprise this shape seems to eliminate or greatly reduce that issue for me.

On top of that this package, while not really my first choice color, feels and looks more luxurious than any legitimately designer mascara I've ever tried. It's solid metal and feels cool and weighty in the hand; which for 23$ is a really lovely surprise. 

Better Than Sex? Absolutely not.
Repurchase worthy? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.