Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

More Than One Way to Skin


Sometimes hopping on a bandwagon for me means getting stuck in a rut of doing something only one way and, when it comes to your beauty there is always more than one way to get something done.

For the last year and a half, ever since Caroline Hirons made her triumphant debut on my beauty blog radar, I have been obsessed with trialing all kinds of chemical exfoliators. I loved the idea of gently smoothing the skin without irritation.

Lately though I've started to consider the benefit of switching up my product options to get the most out of my skin.


The reigning champion in the chemical department is still the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. It's pretty potent that makes the skin feel soft and look bright. This was my first journey into chemical exfoliators and it did not disappoint. It leaves the skin feel fresh, gently cleaned and smooth. 

The newest acquisition us the Acure Brightening Facial Scrub. I picked this up on a whim at Target and have really, really been loving it. An organically inclined fresh smelling and soft polish it leaves a baby smooth effect in it's wake and is perfect for those days when you feel like you have some build up on your skin or if you are looking particularly dull. 

Finally the most effective and expensive of the bunch is the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate. This is a really beautiful product. Part chemical exfoliation part physical this brings the best of both worlds to the table in terms of it's effects on the skin. I especially like to use this right before some kind of hydrating treatment or mask if I have time before a special event or night out because the combo of ingredients at work here make the skin look bright, fresh and lively. If it was in my budget I would have the full size of this on hand at all times. 

I think that it really pays to keep a selection of different things on hand when it comes to removing dead skin and buildup from the complexion. I've noticed a far more dramatic improvement in my skin since I've re introduced the scrubbier products into my routine but have prevented over use by supplementing with gentle chemical scrubs in between.

Are you willing to integrate multiple products into your routine or are you more likely to spring for a pricier all in one option?
Me?
I just want to try it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.