Pages

Monday, February 02, 2015

Most Worn| MAC Lipstick


 

I love a good MAC Lipstick. Walking up to the counter and seeing the rows of rainbow shades spread out in front of me adds a superficial little pickup to my heartbeat.

Especially if you are new to the land of MAC or lipstick (or both) it's a great place to get your feet wet, get out of your comfort zone and try something different. 

Over the years I have come across many a MAC lippie some I've loved and some not so much but, today I've narrowed it down to the six most worn shades in my lineup this way, if you are planning a visit, maybe you'll have a place to start in mind.


In order of most "wearable" to least. 

Shy Girl is the only MAC nude I've ever been able to really get to work for me. It's a slightly deeper peach nude in a Creamsheen finish. I will very rarely go for a sheer finish in my lipsticks as I often prefer to wear bolds and when I do I like them matte but this texture and shade really sings on my complexion. If you need an easy to wear warm nude for fair skin I can't imagine you could go wrong with Shy Girl. 

Maybe my most worn "everyday" shade is Lovelorn. I mentioned this for the first time eons ago and despite it being a complete impulse purchase it is my perfect neutral pink. It's a Lustre finish and allows for a nice even semi-opaque coating on the lips. This in addition to Shy Girl pairs well with slightly heavier eyes if I don't want to go double bold that day. 

Still a neutral but admittedly a more noticeable shade is Plumful. It had a bit of a resurgence this past year through the mediocre efforts of Instagram and a Kardashian but don't let that deter you. Another Lustre finish this is a sheer wash of muted berry that looks perfect on warm toned skin. The shade and sheer-ness makes this a lip that you can ware with all kinds of looks to boot. 

Something slightly more dramatic yet still accessible is Ruby Woo. My most recent MAC purchase and maybe the first lippie I've found from the beauty hall standard that I've gotten excited about in a really long time. It's a classic matte pin up red that, as I have said before, seems to look amazing on everyone. If you are in the market to try a red I think this could be a really good place to start. It's a matte finish that some report as being very drying but I find it to be about average and the wear time on this shade puts other "long wear" formulas to shame. 

For a real bright punch there really is nothing quite like Candy Yum Yum. It was such an incredibly popular release a few years back that MAC actually made it permanent which almost never happens. It is a true in your face highlighter pink with a matte finish and this in the summertime, with a tan and some winged liner looks like a super cool take on a modern pinup. Even in the winter on my insanely pale skin this makes such a fun statement. It is a great one to try on if you are looking for a new kind of statement lip.

Finally, for a classic vampy look; no lipstick overview is complete without Rebel. A classic and versatile satin finish when applied at full tilt Rebel is a deep blue based, blackberry kind of color but when gently dabbed into the lips it takes on a more subtle wine stained appeal. It's the perfect kind of day to night shade that can be worn lightly for work and applied more dramatically for a night out after. Easily my favorite MAC bold shade and definitely worth a look if you don't have it already.

So those are my 6 most worn MAC lipsticks.
Have you tried these yet? Would you? Do you have anything in their permenant lineup that I need to try? 
Let a girlfriend know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.