Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Spring Series:Cheeks

The final installment of the Spring Series!
This one is going to cover all things blush. I do love a good cheek color and nothing really says springtime like a good coral pink cheek.

These puppies run the gamut from cream to powder, pink to coral and, high end to budget so if you are looking for something to refresh your look for the impending (hopefully) warm days I should have you covered. 


The Creams:
As the weather starts to warm up I start to reach for more cream products. This actually seems a little counter intuitive to me because they don't hold up as well as powders but there is something so irresistible about that texture in the Spring. The two that I reach for are the Topshop Cream to Powder Blush in Neon Rose and the Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow in Tansoleil. They are similar in shade but the Kevyn Aucoin is slightly dewier and more subdued and the Topshop is, as described, a slightly more powdery finish and a brighter hot coral shade. The best part here is that they are both perfect for super quick finger only application when you are in a rush.*

The Pinks:
I have only recently rediscovered my love of pink blush. I was considering parting with my MAC Well Dressed and applied it for the first time in nearly three years (don't you judge me!) and decided I was crazy to consider it. The pinks just give a summer version of that snow white cheek where you look flushed, fresh and, awake only with the glow that only a few sunny days can provide. I also quite like The Balm's Instain Blush in Argyle for this kind of look and for something a little deeper Milani's Bella Rosa is a year round go to in my book. 

The Corals:
This category is easily my most reached for. I have warm toned skin so a warm toned blush is a no-brainer unless the makeup calls for something different. The top two right now are the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush and the NYX Powder Blush in Mocha. (Which I just talked about in my recent drugstore favorites video,) 
Luminous Flush is the best of a blush and highlight in one and gives this soft focus glow to the cheeks courtesy of the Ambient Lighting Powder swirled through the blush compact. NYX Mocha on the other hand is a more basic terracotta coral shade that is a flat matte. It also wears like iron on the skin even when the weather gets warm so if you have skin that likes to eat product this could be a great (and cheap!) option for you. 

So I hope this little series has given you guys some fun new options for the coming months and stay tuned for the inevitable onslaught of new spring things when the weather finally does turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A recent Fashion Design graduate with a longstanding love of fashion, beauty, and pop culture. A collection of What I wore, How I wore it, Where I got it, and Why I love it.